An omelette recipe with a healthy kick.
All you need is:
- 3 eggs
- 2 Cups of raw vegetables, chopped into fine pieces (we love the combination of baby spinach, kale leaves, red cabbage, mushrooms & shallots)
- 1 Tbs Cheese (goats feta, crumbled or grated Parmesan taste great)
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh Basil or Parsley
- 1/2 tsp tomato Passata
- 1 Tbs Sauerkraut (optional to serve)
In a large bowl, add the eggs and whisk them with a fork. Add the vegetables, cheese and salt and mix well to combine.
Pour the mixture into a well – oiled large pan and allow to cook through on one side for approx 5 – 7 minutes before flipping onto the other side, using a spatula.
Once you’ve cooked both sides well and it is in one firm piece, add the herbs and passata ontop before transferring the omelette to a serving plate and top with sauerkraut &/or fresh avocado with black pepper.
Share and Connect: