CARROT CAKE that’s healthy, tasty, easy to make and shaped like a hand-sized muffin! This recipe is one of our favourites and you’re guaranteed to find it in our fridge or freezer at any given time.
Made with vegetables, nuts, spices, and a little sweetness makes it very nourishing and satisfying too. It’s a grain free cake muffin that the whole family can enjoy at any time of the day.
CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
Makes 15 Med Muffins
5 min prep // 30 – 40 mins bake
2 Carrots, washed and trimmed (alt. 1 carrot and 1 zucchini)
1 Cup Raw Walnuts *
1 Cup Almond Meal *
1 Chia Seed Egg (3 Tbs Chia Seeds + 1/2 Cup Water)
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil or Butter
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup
2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
- Oven preheating on 180C (356F)
- Make chia egg by placing chia seeds into a cup with water and letting stand for approx 3 mins
- Place carrots (and zucchini) into a food processor and pulse until chopped into small pieces
- Add nuts & meal (or alternatives) to the processor and pulse until chopped and combined well with vegetables
- Add all other ingredients and combine well until the mixture is smooth and holding together
- Line or grease muffin tin and spoon mixture in
- Bake for 30 – 40 mins, removing from oven when muffins are browned and cooked through
Serve warm or cool. The house will smell amazing too 🙂
Can we kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do! Please let me know and share it with others that love a healthy cake muffin too.