When you’re rich with sweet, fresh strawberries and crave a nourishing bite, I’d like to introduce you to this delicious, easy – prep Strawberry & Almond Cake. It’s made with the most wholesome ingredients and has a great balance of proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals & fibres in every serve. Enjoy it warm or cool, any time of day.
Nutritionally speaking, 1 Cup of strawberries delivers up to 150% of your RDI of Vitamin C. A handful of nuts delivers a strong serve of Protein, Minerals & Fats. A Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Chia Seeds are ideal foods to deliver Essential Fats for all over health.
Recipe || Sweet Strawberry & Almond Cake – GF, DF, LS
2 1/2 Cups Almond Meal
1 Chia Seed Egg (3 Tbs chia seeds, soaked in 1/3 Cup water)
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Strawberries, sliced
1 handful of raw almonds, chopped (optional topping)
1. Preheat the oven at 175C (350F)
2. Grease your cake pan & line the bottom with baking paper
3. Make your Chia Seed Egg in a cup, using water & chia seeds
4. Add all ingredient, except for the strawberries & chopped nuts, to a processor
5. Process the ingredients until they’re well combined and smooth.
6. Fold in the strawberries & place the mixture into the pan. Top with raw nuts (optional)
7. Bake in the oven for approx. 50 mins, or until the cake is golden and a skewer test comes clean
8. Remove from the oven & allow it to cool for at least 30 mins before slicing
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you try this recipe, please come back and share your thoughts. Hope you love it as much as we do.
In good health,
Tracie Connor is an Accredited Nutritionist, based in Brisbane, specialising in gut health, weight management, stress management and genetics (nutrigenomics)
Catch her regularly featured in the Sydney Morning Herald, Womens Health & Fitness Magazine, Huffington Post and on ABC Radio. Servicing Australia-wide
Enquire about a nutrition consultation with Tracie here